Vin cu un nou interviu, de data aceasta cu Tracy Bilen autoarea romanului „What she left behind” care suna foarte interesant din punctul meu de vedere. Thank you, Tracy!
1. First of all, thank you very much for granting me this interview. I was wondering whether you would like to tell us something about yourself.
I’m a high school French and Spanish teacher from Michigan and I have two children. I like reading, biking, and going for walks in the woods.
2. Can you tell us what inspired you to write “What she left behind?”
I simply saw an image in my mind of a girl, a suitcase, a field, and a gun.
3. What can you share about your novel?
What She Left Behind is a thriller and a love story at heart. Here’s the back cover copy:
“Don’t even think of leaving…I will find you,” he whispered. “Guaranteed.”
Sara and her mom have a plan to finally escape Sara’s abusive father. But when her mom doesn’t show up as expected, Sara’s terrified. Her father says that she’s on a business trip, but Sara knows he’s lying. Her mom is missing—and her dad had something to do with it.
With each day that passes, Sara’s more on edge. Her friends know that something’s wrong, but she won’t endanger anyone else with her secret. And with her dad growing increasingly violent, Sara must figure out what happened to her mom before it’s too late…for them both.
4. I believe all readers and perhaps the writers as well imagine what would happen if they were granted a few hours with a character of their choosing. If you were to spend some time with your characters where would you go and what would you do?
I’d go biking with Sara and Alex and then I’d keep Sara company at one of Alex’s football games.
5. Do you have a favorite author?
Some of my current favorites are Kimberly Derting, Lauren Oliver, Paige Harbison, and Megan Bostic.
6. You have a time capsule and the possibility to preserve three books for the people of the future. What books would you choose?
Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery, Tell No One by Harlan Coben, and The Fountainhead by Ann Rand
7. You are able to go back in time and take part in one particular historical event. What would that be and how would you change it?
I would go back to World War II and try to prevent the Holocaust from ever beginning.
8. You have a mirror that shows you a person of your choosing from the past and/or present. That person can be anyone: a president, a king, a queen, a writer etc. You can ask him or her only one question. Who would it be and what would you ask that person?
I would ask (the author) Harlan Coben to tell me a story!
9. Scientists have managed to create a machine that allows you to jump to the future. What year would you like to discover?
I would like to go to the year where they invent a transporter like they have in Star Trek. Because I love to travel but hate taking planes!
10. Would you like to add anything else?
Thanks so much for the doing the interview! I hope your readers will take a peek at the book trailer: