Va prezentasem eu putin cartea „Becoming” de Raine Thomas in cadrul giveaway-ului. Iata ca a venit vremea sa va prezint si un interviu cu autoarea care a fost foarte draguta si mi-a raspuns la cateva intrebari. Thank you for the interview!
„Raine Thomas is the author of an award-winning series of YA fantasy romance novels about the Estilorian plane, including the Daughters of Saraqael trilogy and the Firstborn trilogy. She is a proud member of Romance Writers of America and is a contributing blogger to The Writer’s Voice. When she isn’t planning weddings, writing or glued to social networking sites, she can usually be found on one of Florida’s beautiful beaches with her husband and daughter or crossing the border to visit with her Canadian friends and relatives.
Ways readers can connect with me:
1. First of all, thank you very much for granting me this interview. I was wondering whether you would like to tell us something about yourself.
Thanks for having me on the blog, Alexandra! As for me, I’m a wedding planner by day, YA author by night. I’m also a wife and mother, so life around here is never dull! I make my home in Orlando, Florida, so I get to meet plenty of interesting people who travel here to visit the sites. I’ve been writing for as long as I can remember, but didn’t have any books published until last year.
2. Can you tell us what inspired you to write “Becoming?”
Amber Hopkins, the main protagonist in Becoming, is loosely based on a youth I worked with during my career in the field of children’s mental health. This particular seventeen-year-old girl had a very rough life. I wanted to write a story, however fictionalized, that showed a heroine like her who faced a difficult upbringing and overcame it. Amber Hopkins is that character.
3. What can you share about your novel?
Becoming recently won an award for 2012 Best Sci-Fi or Fantasy Novel at the UtopYACon awards, which thrilled me to pieces. It’s the first book in the series about the Estilorians and begins the Daughters of Saraqael Trilogy, which also includes the books Central and Foretold. This trilogy follows triplets Amber, Olivia and Skye as they discover their non-human halves…their Estilorian halves. They face adventure and danger, and they’ll each experience love. The follow-up trilogy is the Firstborn Trilogy, which begins with Defy. The second book in that trilogy, Shift, will be released on August 24th.
4. I believe all readers and perhaps the writers as well imagine what would happen if they were granted a few hours with a character of their choosing. If you were to spend some time with your characters where would you go and what would you do?
I’d love to visit my characters on the Estilorian plane! In many ways, since they don’t have electricity, machines, modern weaponry, etc. it would be a much simpler way of life.
5. Do you have a favorite author?
I do! Nora Roberts is my favorite author. I’ll read anything she writes.
6. You have a time capsule and the possibility to preserve three books for the people of the future. What books would you choose?
Oh, dear…only three? That would just be devastating. I suppose I’ll go with Harper Lee’s To Kill a Mockingbird, Douglas Adams’ The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, and J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. Quite the eclectic mix, eh?
7. You are able to go back in time and take part in one particular historical event. What would that be and how would you change it?
I’m one of those people who believes that everything happens for a reason. I wouldn’t want to change history, knowing how significantly that would impact the future. However, I think it would be really interesting to know how different the world would be if Abraham Lincoln hadn’t ever been assassinated. Or J.F.K, for that matter!
8. You have a mirror that shows you a person of your choosing from the past and/or present. That person can be anyone: a president, a king, a queen, a writer etc. You can ask him or her only one question. Who would it be and what would you ask that person?
I’d want to speak to my maternal grandmother, who died when I was two. I’d ask her if she has any advice and wisdom that she would like to share with me.
9. Scientists have managed to create a machine that allows you to jump to the future. What year would you like to discover?
Oh, fun! I think I’d jump about 100 years into the future. I’d love to see the next generations of my family and where the world is headed.
10. Would you like to add anything else?
Thanks so much for having me on the blog! These are great questions, and I look forward to hearing from your blog readers. Hopefully some of them will check out the Estilorians and let me know what they think!