N-am mai avut de ceva vreme un interviu asa ca era timpul sa prezint unul, nu? De data aceasta cel care mi-a dat un interviu a fost Jamie Manning, autorul romanului Blood Born. Thank you very much!
Waking up in a coffin hungry for blood is only the beginning for sixteen-year-old Ava Blue. When Chance Caldon, the hottie who dug her up, tells her that she’s half vampire, Ava’s world really turns upside down.
Half vamp? Ava can’t believe it…she doesn’t even know what that means! Not until Aldric, a thousand-year-old vampire, shows up and tells her it’s true–and that he’s the one who turned her. Then Ava truly begins to believe what she is. Now, she has to deal with a sudden and powerful bloodlust, the desire to see Aldric dead, and her growing crush for Chance. Ava knows she’s a monster now, she can feel it; and her life is over.
But redemption isn’t lost. Aldric is giving her a chance to regain her humanity. The price? Kill a hundred vampires, or remain a bloodsucker forever.
So Ava sets out to get her life back. But killing vampires begins a battle that could destroy everything she is working toward. In the end, Ava’s decisions will forever change her life and the lives of those she loves.
1. First of all, thank you very much for granting me this interview. I was wondering whether you would like to tell us something about yourself.
Thank you for interviewing me! Hmm, something about me. Well, I am a HUGE procrastinator, so much so that I usually don’t finish a first draft of my books until the end of my deadline is looming.🙂
2. Can you tell us what inspired you to write “Blood Born?”
I’ve always been a lover of paranormal books, TV shows, etc., with vampires topping that list. I knew I wanted a vampire story that was different from the rest, and I feel I’ve written one in that my main character, Ava, has the chance to become human again. Regardless what The Powers That Be in publishing say about vampires being overdone, I knew this was a story I wanted to write, so I did!
3. What can you share about your novel?
BLOOD BORN is about a half vampire hybrid who struggles with having to kill other vampires to save her humanity. And of course, there’s hot boys and kissing.😉
4. I believe all readers and perhaps the writers as well imagine what would happen if they were granted a few hours with a character of their choosing. If you were to spend some time with your characters where would you go and what would you do?
Well, my MC Ava has no memory of her life before waking up in a coffin, so the possibilities with her would be endless! Lol Ava loves beauty in nature, so I think I’d love to take her to Niagara Falls (I’ve been before) so she could experience one of the true beauties in the world.
5. Do you have a favorite author?
Harper Lee, easy. TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD is by far my favorite book!
6. You have a time capsule and the possibility to preserve three books for the people of the future. What books would you choose?
TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD by Harper Lee, FRANKENSTEIN by Mary Shelley, and, for the YA world, anything by the amazingly talented John Green.
7. You are able to go back in time and take part in one particular historical event. What would that be and how would you change it?
I would love to go back to when the first computer was invented, but with all the knowledge we know about them now, so I could tell the programmers all the things they shouldn’t do! Lol
8. You have a mirror that shows you a person of your choosing from the past and/or present. That person can be anyone: a president, a king, a queen, a writer etc. You can ask him or her only one question. Who would it be and what would you ask that person?
I would love the chance to speak face-to-face with Jesus Christ. I wouldn’t ask him anything; I would simply tell him Thanks.
9. Scientists have managed to create a machine that allows you to jump to the future. What year would you like to discover?
I’d go maybe a hundred years into the future, just to see how far everything has advanced—cars, buildings, the people. It would be an amazing sight, I’m sure!
10. Would you like to add anything else?
Thank you SO MUCH for asking me to answer your great questions—they were a lot of fun! And I hope that you enjoy reading BLOOD BORN as much as I enjoyed writing it!