Goodreads este o sursa inepuizabila de carti bune, pe de o parte. Insa, pe de alta parte pot da peste autori cu carti foarte intresante. Astazi in cadrul acestei rubrici va prezint un interviu cu Victoria Scott, autoarea romanului „The Collectors”, care suna foarte interesant. Thank you for the interview!
He makes good girls…bad.
Dante Walker is flippin’ awesome, and he knows it. His good looks, killer charm, and stellar confidence has made him one of hell’s best—a soul collector. His job is simple, weed through humanity and label those round rears with a big red good or bad stamp. Old Saint Nick gets the good guys, and he gets the fun ones. Bag-and-tag.
Sealing souls is nothing personal. Dante’s an equal opportunity collector and doesn’t want it any other way. But he’ll have to adjust, because Boss Man has given him a new assignment:
Collect Charlie Cooper’s soul within 10 days.
Dante doesn’t know why Boss Man wants Charlie, nor does he care. This assignment means only one thing to him, and that’s a permanent ticket out of hell. But after Dante meets the quirky, Nerd Alert chick he’s come to collect—he realizes this assignment will test his abilities as a collector, and uncover emotions deeply buried.
1. First of all, thank you very much for granting me this interview. I was wondering whether you would like to tell us something about yourself.
I’ll tell you three things: I love cotton candy, I dig gardening, and my husband has a lopsided smile that makes my stomach flip (in a good way).
2. Can you tell us what inspired you to write “The Collector?”
Dante Walker inspired me. Once I „met” the guy, I knew his story had to be told.
3. What can you share about your novel?
That it’s intended to be darkly humorous…and sexy.
4. I believe all readers and perhaps the writers as well imagine what would happen if they were granted a few hours with a character of their choosing. If you were to spend some time with your characters where would you go and what would you do?
Oh, I’d totally hit up somewhere scandalous like Bourbon Street with Dante.
5. Do you have a favorite author?
Hmm, I have quite a few. I’ll list three of my favs: Andrea Cremer, Courtney Summers, and Rae Carson.
6. You have a time capsule and the possibility to preserve three books for the people of the future. What books would you choose?
Ooh, that’s a tough one. I’d pick EVERYBODY SEES THE ANTS to show future peeps we all have pain, BETWEEN SHADES OF GREY to remind them that the human spirit is hard to break, and THE NIGHT CIRCUS so they know we were bloody brilliant.
7. A genie appears in front of you one day and promises to take you to a place of your choosing. Where would you go?
Heaven. I totally want to check that place out. I just don’t want to have to kick it in order to do that.
8. You have a mirror that shows you a person of your choosing from the past and/or present. That person can be anyone: a president, a king, a queen, a writer etc. You can ask him or her only one question. Who would it be and what would you ask that person?
The grandfather I never met: „What is your biggest regret?”
9. An enchanted lake can give you a glimpse of the past. Which year/period would you like to discover?Medieval times.
Hot knights in armor, thank you very much.
10. Would you like to add anything else?
Yes. You’re awesome and I like your face.