A venit vremea pentru un nou interviu. De data aceasta cea care mi-a răspuns la întrebări a fost Katherine Easer, autoarea romanului Vicious Little Darlings care are o copertă absolut superbă si o descriere super tare. Thank you for the interview!
Sarah Weaver wasn’t looking forward to starting at an all-girls school. But that was before she met Maddy. Maddy and her best friend, Agnes, are fun and rich and interesting-and for some reason, they seem to really like Sarah. Before long, Maddy and Agnes have moved Sarah into a big house off campus, where they cook together, buy each other presents, and share each other’s secrets. So why does Sarah feel like something’s bizarrely wrong? As more and more cracks start to show in Maddy’s and Agnes’s perfect veneers, Sarah notices some strange and disturbing things: Maddy’s compulsive lying, Agnes’s obsession with Maddy, and the deterioration of their friendship. And just when Sarah begins to question her own sanity, things turns deadly. Fans of Pretty Little Liars will devour this juicy debut novel.
1. First of all, thank you very much for granting me this interview. I was wondering whether you would like to tell us something about yourself.
Thank you so much for having me. Ever since I was a little girl I’ve been interested in storytelling. My mother and my grandmother were wonderful storytellers, and the tales they told kept me up late at night, thinking about all the magical places they had conjured. As I got older, I became obsessed with books. Reading engaged my imagination in a way that felt very exciting. The excitement I felt ended up inspiring me to write my own stories. I’m still very much a beginner, so the fact that I’m here being interviewed is a real honor. ☺
2. Can you tell us what inspired you to write “Vicious Little Darlings?”
I knew that I wanted to write a book that explored the dark side of female friendships. I also knew that I wanted to set the story in New England—because it’s such a beautiful place—but inspiration didn’t really come until I discovered the voice of my protagonist. Once I was able to hear her voice in my head, the story took on a life of its own—which was thrilling!
3. What can you share about your novel?
Vicious Little Darlings is about a jaded seventeen-year-old named Sarah Weaver who leaves California to attend an all-women’s college in Massachusetts. At her new school Sarah befriends a mysterious pair of legacy students: Maddy and Agnes. Later, Sarah learns a shocking secret that could lead to murder. The novel is dark, sometimes funny, and full of suspense.
4. I believe all readers and perhaps the writers as well imagine what would happen if they were granted a few hours with a character of their choosing. If you were to spend some time with your characters where would you go and what would you do?
I would love to hang out with Agnes for at least a day in a city I’ve never been to (like Bucharest). She would be interesting to talk to, plus she’d know all the best places to visit.
5. Do you have a favorite author?
I have so many favorite authors. Mary Gaitskill, Somerset Maugham, Jhumpa Lahiri, Alberto Moravia, and John Green to name a few.
6. You have a time capsule and the possibility to preserve three books for the people of the future. What books would you choose?
Crime and Punishment, Pride and Prejudice, and The Catcher in the Rye
7. You are able to go back in time and take part in one particular historical event. What would that be and how would you change it?
I would love to go back in time and be a passenger on the Titanic. Of course, I’d warn the captain about the iceberg. ☺
8. You have a mirror that shows you a person of your choosing from the past and/or present. That person can be anyone: a president, a king, a queen, a writer etc. You can ask him or her only one question. Who would it be and what would you ask that person?
I would ask Queen Victoria, “What are the secrets to a happy marriage?”
9. Scientists have managed to create a machine that allows you to jump to the future. What year would you like to discover?
Hmm…I’d be curious to see what things are like in the year 3000.
10. Would you like to add anything else?
It was a pleasure to be here. Thanks so much, Alexandra. Happy reading, everyone!