Ma intorc din nou cu o noua intrare in aceasta rubrica. Rachael Wade, autoarea romanului „Amaranth” a fost de acord cu un interviu in care vom afla mai multe despre operele sale. Thank you very much for the interview!
Knowledge Changes Everything…
Hoodoo-influenced Southern Louisiana seems like the perfect place for Camille to escape her abusive past and dysfunctional family. She doesn’t expect to fall in love with the handsome Gavin Devereaux and plummet into the world of Amaranth, a place of exile for reformed vampires.
Wrestling to escape a deadly ex-boyfriend while giving Gavin a chance, Camille is confronted with decisions that threaten not only her life, but the lives of her inhuman friends she has come to love. Entangled in her friends’ quest for freedom, she dives into their realm and faces the threats of Amaranth’s ruler—the mother of all vampires—and her own inner demons.
Now Camille must decide whether she will derail her life and make the ultimate sacrifice for the monsters that interrupted her bumpy path back to sanity—what she still wants so desperately—or escape with Gavin before it’s too late for both of them.
1. First of all, thank you very much for granting me this interview. I was wondering whether you would like to tell us something about yourself.
Thanks for having me! Well, I live in Orlando, Florida with my husband, a black lab retriever named Shiloh, and three cats that keep me very busy. I write from home full time and am so thankful to have the best job in the world.
2. Can you tell us what inspired you to write „Amaranth?”
Sure. I have always loved supernatural romance, especially anything with vampires. I was visiting Southern Louisiana at the time (and some of the places in the book) when the concept for the Amaranth realm came to me. I was driving over the bayous and I could picture the portal, and the world beyond. As soon as I returned home to Florida, I started writing the first book, and the series evolved from there.
3. What can you share about your novel?
Amaranth is the 1st book in a paranormal fantasy romance series. It revolves around the main female lead, her love interest, and their quest for freedom from the frozen soul (vampire) curse. It’s also an adventure series and focuses on a lot more than just their romantic relationship. It includes witches, hoodoo, Voodoo, and lots of magic.
4. I believe all readers and perhaps the writers as well imagine what would happen if they were granted a few hours with a character of their choosing. If you were to spend some time with your characters where would you go and what would you do?
That’s a great question. I’d probably spend time with Camille at the bookstore she works at, or go flying through the bayous with her and Gavin. Though I think the most fun would be to spend time with Camille,Gavin,Audrey,and Gabe inside the realm of Amaranth. I’d love to hang out in the village and visit Samira’s castle.
5. Do you have a favorite author?
Too many to name.🙂 One of my favorites is Cormac McCarthy. I also love contemporary romance writers like Jennifer Armentrout and E.L. James. They’re very witty and always make me laugh.
6. You have a time capsule and the possibility to preserve three books for the people of the future. What books would you choose?
Oh, wow. That is a really tough question! I’d say the Bible, Cormac McCarthy’s „The Road”, and Guy de Maupassant’s „Bel Ami”. They really speak to me and make me think about life and humanity.
7. You are able to go back in time and take part in one particular historical event. What would that be and how would you change it?
I can’t say I’d like to go back to the time of the Holocaust, but if I could and there was a way to prevent such a mind-boggling, evil historical event, that is what I’d wish to change. Nothing pains me more about our history than the Holocaust.
8. You have a mirror that shows you a person of your choosing from the past and/or present. That person can be anyone: a president, a king, a queen, a writer etc. You can ask him or her only one question. Who would it be and what would you ask that person?
Oh, man. I have no idea. That is such a tough question. I guess I would ask Tim Burton over for dinner. LOL
9. Scientists have managed to create a machine that allows you to jump to the future. What year would you like to discover?
Hhhmm, 2050. I’d be very curious to see how drastically our world has changed by then.
10. Would you like to add anything else?
Thank you to my readers. Without you, I wouldn’t be able to do what I do for a living. It is a dream come true to be able to create stories and share them with you, and your support truly means the world to me.